Monday, June 13, 2005

Day 8

Podcast Review - Ever since I received my iPod and discovered Podcasting I've been on the lookout for great podcasts to listen to. About four months ago I happened to come across the Delta Park Project. This podcast has become a standard in my iPod. Jason and Anna always put together a great show. They have a nailed down format so you know what to expect each time you tune in. They always make me laugh with their insight on pop culture, music, movies, and even cartoons. I have always enjoyed their show...until today. I listened to show #32 and everything seemed to be going fine until they decided to try something new. The new segment was called "Two minutes with Lee". This new segment included Two Minute Lee doing reviews of the new releases (CDs, DVDs) that were to come out on Tuesday. Two Minute Lee was patched in thru Skype and the segment sounded great, that was until the Coldplay review. Now I want you to know that I am a Coldplay fan, and I purchased their new album, X&Y. It's definitely not Parachutes (their first album) but I think it's a good album. Anyway, this guy (Two Minute Lee) had nothing but bad things to say about it. He basically said that you might as well listen to something else an not even bother with the new Coldplay album. He then went on to do a review of the new White Stripes album. Two Minute Lee said that it is a very difficult listen and then encouraged us all to check out the album and give it a chance. During the segment he played a clip from the Whit Stripes and I have to say, the song sounded like shit. I like the White Stripes, but the song they played was just shitty. He never backtracked and encouraged us to give the new Coldplay a chance. Who the hell is this guy and why do we care what he thinks? I always wonder about the critics. Why does their opinion matter? So that's my rant about the Delta Park Project show #32. I will keep listening because I like their format and their humor. I also like the fact that they brought someone on their show that seriously pissed me off. A good show should bring out some emotion. I won't however change my opinion of Two Minute Lee. If you are going to tell people that they should work on learning to like an album (I mean really work at it), then why not say that we should try and work to like another?

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I knew all along that Michael Jackson wouldn't get convicted. I'm not saying that I like him, and I am not a fan. From what I heard about the case, it sounded like his accuser and his family were out to make a buck. Now, it may not be true, for all we know he did molest those kids...I just don't think there was a good enough case. If anything, this case just showed us again how weird Michael Jackson truely is.

See ya.

No comments: