Monday, June 13, 2005

Day 7

Feedburner Discovery - Last night Katie and I met up with one of our best friends, Brian, whom we haven't seen since our wedding last August. It was great seeing him and having a drink together! While we were enjoying our drinks he and I got talking about podcasting and then on to news aggregators. Brian informed me that he uses Newsgator, the Outlook version, to keep up on all of his news. I talked a bit about how I have begun to dabble in blogging and he said that he would try to check out my blog. After talking to him about this I began to wonder if there was a way that I could make it easier for all of my friends to subscribe to my blog. I have seen many types of "buttons" on different blogs, so, like I always do, I spent three hours researching these "buttons", set myself up with a Newsgator membership (just the online version), and then I stumbled onto Feedburner. Holy Shit! Feedburner is exactly what I have been looking for. They have everything a rookie/future podcaster could ever want when getting started. I still have much, much more to learn about Feedburner, but I'm pretty sure that now my feed will be turned into RSS format. On top of that, I now will be able to track if anybody is subscribing to my feed and what they are looking at the most. I was able to find formatting for different buttons that I wanted to put on my blog, and Feedburner made that extremely easy. I LOVE FEEDBURNER!! Anyway, I spent three hours playing around on the computer today just so I could add a couple of new buttons to my blog...I'm so proud of myself. I'm such a geek! I blame Brian....

Harv called to tell me that some new flowers had bloomed in his yard, so I'll be posting some new pics tomorrow...

See ya.

No comments: