Sunday, July 10, 2005

Day 13

With all of these weddings coming up I can't help but think about our wedding last year and how great it was. During the whole year leading up to the wedding I couldn't wait for it to be done. Now that it's over I wish I could go back and relive that day over and over again. I really didn't do much of the planning due to my work schedule (sometimes 60-80 hours early in the year). Katie did almost all of the planning on her own. Let me tell you, she did an awesome job!! It was by far the best wedding I have ever been to (sorry Mark & Danielle!! Yours comes in second, ha, ha!). Anyway, even though I wasn't doing the planning, trying to help get everything lined up (flowers, gifts for our attendees, the limo, reception, and trying to keep both families happy at the same time) was very stressful for me. I'm always telling Katie, "Things will work themselves out!", and looking back I should have remembered that more often during the days leading up to the wedding. As always, things did work themselves out and our wedding and reception was incredible. We and all of our guests had so much fun. People still comment saying that they've never been to such a great wedding. That's awesome to hear! So, to Mark & Danielle and all of the couples we know that are getting married this year, I hope you feel as lucky as I did to be marrying my best friend. I also hope that your special day is/was as spectacular for you as ours was for us. May all your days be filled with the love that only your spouse can give you, and may you live happily ever after.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe, Scott, that was BEAUTIFUL. You know, reading your blog and looking at pictures gives me a nice break in my day! :-p

mel