Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Day 5

DSL Returns!! Things tend to work a lot better when you pay your bills! We finally got the DSL taken care of and now it’s back to business as usual. I never would have guessed how detrimental the loss of internet service could be. Without the internet connection I was unable to receive any of my podcasts, check the news, and lost a line of communication that has (evidently) become imperative in my day to day life. Since I didn’t have access to any of my podcasts, I feel like I have no idea what’s happening in the Tech world. I’m left with questions such as: has Apple released iTunes 4.9?, is there a new version of iPodder, what’s new at Geek News Central?, what is Todd Cochrane up to?, and how is his book Podcasting: Do It Yourself Guide selling?, have Adam Curry and Dave Winer been bickering back-and-forth, have Dawn and Drew done any new podcasts recently?...etc. When I got home from work I opened iPodder and tried to download the latest podcasts, and for some reason the program couldn’t retrieve any enclosures. This is the second time that this has happened to me. The first time it happened was because of some corrupt file associated with a podcast called the Source Code Mini (at least that’s what I was left to assume because when I deleted it from my subscriptions all my problems disappeared). So, I did some investigating and found that this time iPodder was having problems with Slacker Astronomy. I deleted that podcast from my subscriptions and everything seems to be working fine now.

Today on Podcasting News I read that National Public Radio (NPR) is interested in some feedback from listeners about podcasting. I have been a loyal listener of NPR for about 10 years now. Ever since I found podcasting I have almost completely stopped listening to broadcast radio. I decided that I had to let NPR know that I think that they should truly consider offering more, if not all of their programming in podcast format. I look forward to the day that I can sit at my desk and listen to All Things Considered, or Fresh Air on my iPod.

Check out the pics from this weekend (below).

See ya.

No comments: