Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Day 12

Well, the verdict is in...the neurologist said that I don't have carpal tunnel syndrome. After electrocuting both my arms and probing some of my muscles with a needle (this is a picture of the equipment he used to do the testing), he finished the testing by saying that everything appears to be "normal" and that now my family doctor and I will have to "figure something else out". It may sound weird but I'm a little disappointed that I don't have carpal tunnel. I was really hoping that we would be able to nail down a diagnosis and be able to treat my symptoms. Hopefully the family doctor will have a better idea what the hell my problem is. Arthritis runs in my family...shit, I don't know.

Throughout this entire spring and summer everything in our back yard has been covered with a layer of some type of sappy substance. Our cars, fence, and driveway are always in some state of sticky. Thanks to my Mom and the city Arborist, we now know that it is not tree sap that has been ruining our finishes disgusting, it is...get ready for this...COTTONY MAPLE SCALE. Sounds pretty weird huh? Unfortunately both our large tree in the back yard and our new tree in the front yard are stricken with this weird affliction. From what I understand, this nasty shit is actually something that the Scale excretes called "honeydew". This insect sucks the sap out of the branches and leaves and then excretes this sappy liquid all over the place. It was so bad this year that if you stood under the tree and looked up at the sky, you could actually see a fine mist falling from the branches above. From what I read this is a cyclical problem and may last from 1-3 years. I hope it only lasts one year...it's a real pain in my ass!

See ya.


No comments: